Welcome to the Freedom Podcast, where we empower entrepreneurs to take control of their financial futures. In today’s episode, we continue our series of shows answering your frequently asked questions, and we’ll discuss an essential topic for anyone considering purchasing a franchise – registration states. We’ll explain why knowing about registration states is crucial and what you need to do to ensure you invest in a legally registered franchise. In addition, we’ll cover the legal and financial implications of operating in non-registration states and share tips on protecting yourself and your investment. So, whether you’re a seasoned investor or starting, tune in to learn more about how registration states can affect your franchise investment plans.
In this episode, you will learn about the following:
- Definition of registration states and why they are important
- The 13 states that have supplemental franchise laws and require franchisors to register with their Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD) before offering or selling a franchise within that state
- Why it’s important to check if a franchise company is registered and available in the state you’re interested in
- How the registration state is determined based on your current residence, and what to do if you plan to move
- The annual process of reapplying for registration and how it affects franchise availability in different states.
- And so much more!
About Giuseppe Grammatico:
Giuseppe Grammatico is the author of Franchise Freedom and host of The Franchise Freedom Podcast. He helps corporate executives find financial and time freedom through franchising.
Through all his years in business ownership, he must say that franchising has been the source of the most fulfillment in his business life.
The freedom, flexibility, impact, and income he has been blessed to experience could not have been possible without franchising. He is excited to help others find it through the same path.